Hearing loss in children not only impacts their auditory experience of life, but also creates several hurdles for learning – now, and for the years ahead. Children rely on healthy hearing for normal speech and language development, and even something as simple as an ear infection can interrupt their natural development of speech, reading, and comprehension.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
Signs of possible hearing loss in children range from not startling at loud sounds to speech delay and/or academic difficulties, depending on the age of the child.
- Not startling at loud noises
- Unable to localize sounds
- Not showing normal speech development
Toddler and Older :
- Speech and language delays
- Academic difficulties/delays
- Needing louder than “normal” volume to hear television
- Needing multiple verbal repetitions
- Stating that he/she is having difficulty hearing
Hearing loss in children is often treatable, and early screening and detection makes a significant impact on treatment success. At NewSound Solutions we treat patients of all ages and especially enjoy helping children with hearing loss, who have so much ahead of them to hear and to learn.
Contact our office to schedule your child’s hearing assessment.