NewSound Solutions is Proud to Support the Hearing Health FoundationDecember 23, 2019
We are taking precautions to help minimize the spread of Coronavirus.
There is no higher priority for NewSound Solutions than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are implementing these new steps in our practice to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- We will schedule appointments to minimize possible contact with other patients in the waiting room. We ask patients to arrive on time for their appointment, rather than too early, this will eliminate crowding in the reception area. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, call the office and we can come out to your car to clean and check your hearing instruments for your protection. The doctor and clinical team will assess the patient and hearing instruments using proper universal precautions.
- We will screen all patients using an infrared forehead thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be rescheduled unless emergency ear pain, swelling or infection is present. If fever occurs we recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC.
- We will use all sanitizing measures that are recommended at this time. In addition to our world-class standards of instrument sterilization, disinfection and clinical cleanliness, we are also committed to disinfecting anything regularly affected by the human touch. Door handles, light switches, seating areas, trash cans, coffee makers, credit card processors, telephones and every commonly-touched surface will be disinfected throughout the day.
- If Dr. Edwards or Dr. Mills or any other employee becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home. We take our temperatures twice daily. We will do all we can to accommodate your appointment and sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time, when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media. We will get through this together. Thank you for trusting us with your hearing healthcare. Website: newsoundsolutions.com Facebook: NewSound Solutions – Terri Jo Edwards, AuD
Terri Jo Edwards,